KpacoTa CnaceT Mup-Beauty Will Save the World

(Quote from Fyodor M. Dostoyevsky's THE IDIOT, 1869)


Monday, October 27, 2008

My Rugs are getting Cleaned!-Kitties-Shows

Kiska-(Just click to enlarge any photo)
More pins

Home show flyer
Mr. Poufball himself
My former(passed away) kitty, Treesya, made into a paper stuffed ornament
Puma Pumata
"I said that's my spot in the sunlight!"(Kippy)
massive pouf a la Kippy
You can see where the dingleberries get stuck:)
Big yawn, big cat Kiska(pronounced Keeska)
"I didn't know that I wasn't allowed on the couch"(Puma-alias Meep, Meepy, Skreep...)
Kiska loves to jump up high- by the Dutch reverse painted antique painting
Kiska up high by the Russian antique Blickensderfer, and Sheriff Bunny on horseback(I made a few years back), next to Khokhloma , Russian dishes
I never thought that I'd be tickled about such a mundane act:) But, since we can't get to the wooden floors yet in this part of the house, I'm thrilled that they'll be getting done before the Home Show/Bake Sale. Ah, the simple things in life. 


Made the big list. Do the jobs ever go away? Do we ever get on top of them? Ehhhh! I love my newly finished office. It's great. But, my cat Kiska loves being w/me, (which is great of course,but...),, and he's always 'suddenly' on my lap in here. Now he's jumped onto the tall shelves from our 1st Victorian Colonial home." Don't knock over the vintage elephants, Kisi!" In the dining room, he was all over the rug around me. So, I think that I'll have to finish the vintage/Victorian(?) wooden cat bed. I want to paint it and to make a 'goy-geous' cushion. Will they fight over it, or will one of them reign? I have 3 kitties. Ah, if this question were my only 'problem'. :)

Touch up walls, fix fabric where kitties have tortured a beautiful arm chair, make large signs for show, send out emails, flyers, pass out flyers, clean, tag, deliver to Laura's show, make more artwork, have enough for the big Kris Kringle Show, get Virtual Pay Pal, open other bank account for the Virtual Pay Pal, spray paint two large branches we pulled earlier this year to hang twinkle lights on- to frame front door for the show and the holidays, find two nicer throws for other couch in living room, dust foyer hangin' lamp, and hang gold and silver glitter stars on it about 15 feet up, contact all contributing artists and bakers, ....you get the picture. Of course, I'll have to eliminate as I go along. That goes without saying. It would be nice to at least feel that I was on top of everything-well, maybe, Something!!!... do some more subbing, heal my back(herniated disc), take care of the family and house, pay the bills....I love my life! Thank you God for everything!!! Look for the tiniest good when feeling overwhelmed, or when feeling great about all. I am thankful for many, many things.

Build upon these wonderful things in our lives. Push away the negative, pull in the positive, out with the old, in with the new energy. I love organizing, because I feel accomplished  and more in control in this whacked out-of-control world. It's like swimming in the ocean, all the fish around you, yet finding your own jet stream. How to blur out the unnecessary?

My little kitty , Puma, forever a 'kitten looking cat', is only 8 lbs. 1 oz.. Poor thing has allergies on his chin, kitty cat acne/blackheads that drive him crazy. He went for his check-up and shots, and came home with medicine for an ear infection and receding gum line infection-they had to pull a tiny tooth. He probably got something stuck in the gums and it caused an infection. Because he's always scratching his chin, we didn't notice the ear and mouth. Seems that he might be predisposed to these ear problems , I've figured. I'm thinking that it's his small head (He's a small cat). He turned a year old  the end of the summer.

And my huge cat (not in girth, but in length),(his head is like twice the size of Puma's),Kiska(Kisi) chews his tail. You see, when we found him he had been in some horrible accident. Anyway, his tail has a million breaks in it. So, he periodically chews away at it. One day about three years ago, I found a piece of it on the floor. Thought it was just some fur, 'til I picked it up and felt the bone inside.( I still have it in a baggie, silly me). As long as the tail doesn't get infected, he'll be fine. But it just gets shorter and shorter. We find it wet. I think that he feels lousy on these days.

And Kippy, our #2 kitty(Mr. Kippurrs, Mr. Dingleberry-nicknamed for the dingleberries that he leaves around the house every once in a while-they get stuck to his fur, then drop off.) He's a very pouffy kitty. Stays so beautifully clean, all that fur and all. A little uppity at times. He's the Mr. Destructo of the furniture. The story goes that his person loved him very much. She passed away, and he was w/his  calico sister in an empty house for 2 years as his person's sister and niece came to feed him. So, if he really is this kitty, then we think that he developed these 'traits' during that time. He is, without a doubt, so adorable. Very possessive, yet has gorgeous pouffy good looks , and knows it. It's the only thing that saves him when he gets naughty w/his territorialism. We've threatened him a multitude of times. Oh, yeah, and he always runs out the door to chew grass. He's sooo quick! He is, without a doubt, the most naughty kitty I have ever had!

2 comments:

pchickki said...

The cats are beautiful, your office sounds great and clean carpets are always a good feeling.

Thanks for stopping by to vote on my Halloween challenge. Next time I want you to join in the fun okay?

Thanks again Lydia
God Bless You
Patti

My husband is doing fine. My son is off the IV again...keep your fingers crossed and keep him in your prayers.
Hugs

Lydia said...

I really wanted to do your challenge, but knew that it might not work out timing wise.

Good to hear about your hubby, and that your son is off the IV again. I will put him, and both of you, on our church prayer list.

Does your son do probiotics? Renew Life, they say, are the best. I don't know of anyone that cannot take them. They ward off 70% of outside germs, etc..
xo Lydia