KpacoTa CnaceT Mup-Beauty Will Save the World

(Quote from Fyodor M. Dostoyevsky's THE IDIOT, 1869)


Friday, April 24, 2009

The Results are in ! (in my daughter's voice-mostly:) ) I am SOOO Proud of Her!!!

"Cancer Awareness Ribbon Poster"
"Our campsite (Mark made the amazing poster)"

"Our team around the campsite"
"My friend Lauren and me (she was the chair who planned the whole event)"
"Emma, Sarah, Larissa, and Me"
So my daughter, Alex, along with her team including sister, good friends, boyfriend, had great results last month at her Alma-Mater's hosting of Relay for Life benefitting the American Cancer Society.


"Here is some info from the Towson Relay and some info about the upcoming Relay in Olney I am participating in through the Club(her work).

From Friday, March 27th to Saturday, March 28, Towson University hosted its 2nd Annual Relay for Life benefitting the American Cancer Society. Towson University raised a total of $50,526.96, and that number will continue to climb until August of this year. 

As a team captain this year, I was very proud of my team, "Hooked on Hope", who out of 72 teams , came in 3rd place OVERALL raising over our $2000.00 goal with $2858.21. Out of 794 participants I came in 2nd place overall for individual fundraising with a total of $1,130. 

The "Hooked on Hope" campsite came in 3rd place overall, with the rankings coming from the survivors who attended Relay for Life. I would like to thank all of my team members and everyone who donated to this great cause. The event was a success and a lot of fun.

I will be participating in another Relay for Life, Saturday, May 30 to Sunday, May 31 with team members from where I work, the Aspen Hill Club. This Relay for Life is being held in Olney, Maryland at Sherwood High School. If you would like to donate on behalf of myself or the Aspen Hill Club, please visit the Relay for LIfe website at:  http://main.acsevents.org/goto/alexag for my page and http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY09S/team_id=404733&pg=team&fr-id=12808 for the Aspen Hill Club's team page. THANK YOU!

If you have any questions, let me know. Alex"

No comments: