KpacoTa CnaceT Mup-Beauty Will Save the World

(Quote from Fyodor M. Dostoyevsky's THE IDIOT, 1869)


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Miracle


My daughter was in a car accident this morning. The car flipped over. It wasn't pretty.

She put the car in PARK, undid the seatbelt, got her purse, and climbed out the passenger window.


She called a friend, them me. It is a miracle. Contusion to the back, bruised ribs, and scraped toes. ER was crowded and we weren't home till late afternoon. It happened early am. Have to monitor of course, and I was in shock most of the day.

Got one of those 'miracle' emails yesterday. Thought it would be about a job! I'll take my daughter.

We are down one car - ++ our daughter. I will take my daughter.

Collapsing sounds very good right now.

xo Lydia

ps-Feel it was the flat tire that caused it.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

very glad to hear your daughter was not seriously injured, although any injury can be serious. big hug, remember to breathe. i will be thinking about you and keep ya'll in my prayers. deborah

vivian said...

I'm glad your daughter did not get hurt worse. And I'm sure that you both were counting your blessings yesterday! God was watching over her!
hugs
vivian

Jann said...

Oh, Lydia! I know there was a reason that thoughts of you popped into my head today--now I can offer up some prayers--prayers of thanksgiving that your precious daughter wasn't hurt badly, and prayers that she will recover from her bruises quickly, and prayers for you, so that you can feel some peace and calm after all that shock and upheaval. I wish we lived close--I'd take you out to lunch tomorrow! Take good care, my friend, Love, Jann

Laurie said...

I'm so glad your daughter wasn't more seriously hurt. Get some rest.