KpacoTa CnaceT Mup-Beauty Will Save the World

(Quote from Fyodor M. Dostoyevsky's THE IDIOT, 1869)


Monday, March 30, 2009

The Beautiful Vintage ,Red, Floral Bark-cloth


So I finally washed the gorgeous vintage, red, floral bark-cloth that I bought that was in mint condition. The one that I didn't quite want to cut into because it was so perfect. Well, I washed it twice, as I usually do , and so much lint came off in the dryer that Hubby complained about having to clean out the dryer vent on the outside. Each time it was loaded with red lint.


Well, as often happens with older fabrics, the weaker areas tore through. It probably had just been hanging around for about 40 or 50 years or so, with no usage. But, the good thing is that I have no qualms about cutting it up for purses or aprons , or whatever. Three of the 4 panels tore in a few areas. One panel stayed strong. There's plenty of fabulous fabric to make yummies out of!  :)   Yippee for me!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh, you're going to have so much fun using the fabric - it's so pretty - and I can totally relate!