KpacoTa CnaceT Mup-Beauty Will Save the World

(Quote from Fyodor M. Dostoyevsky's THE IDIOT, 1869)


Saturday, March 28, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberries


So you'll have to excuse my pictures, but I'm working from my cell phone camera, as my camera isn't working. 


Chocolate covered strawberries. If you don't know how to make them , I'll tell you, as it is quite easy! Beats any store bought dipping syrup, which to me tastes  fake. You can dip them in milk chocolate, or dark chocolate. Both taste great!

First, wash the strawberries. Then, this is most important, blot them dry! Next, put a little water in a pot large enough to hold a glass dish such as a Pyrex dish. Put your chocolate morsels in the glass dish. Start boiling the water. Second important note! Don't let the boiling water touch the glass dish!!!,  (as this will harden the chocolate). As soon as it boils, lower the temperature to a medium boil, stir the chocolate often. When melted, hold the strawberry by the stem and carefully dip it in the chocolate. Place on a wax paper lined plate,(plastic or metal is best, as it will go into the freezer). When done, place the plate into the freezer for just a few minutes. That's it! Store in fridge. Now how easy is that?!

 Makes a great dessert for  a shower, or other party. Everyone will be impressed! I've made these in a pinch for party's that I had for a teacher having a baby, and for a teacher getting married,( class mom for many years), as well as parties at home or attended. You can even dust them with some confectioner's(10X) sugar.

Enjoy! Yum!

No comments: